Resources for Buyers
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly. Make sure you make copies of your credit report as well and check your score well in advance of applying for loans. Ask me how you can check your scores for free WITHOUT affecting your credit.
- Find a Lender – You will need a lender who tailors your loan to match the money you pay in down payment and closing costs to an affordable monthly payment and interest rate. Did you know there are programs that can greatly reduce the money that you pay upfront and things you can do that lower the interest rate for a lower monthly payment? You’ll need to be prepared to make and offer when you find the perfect home. It’s important that you’re pre-approved for the right type of loan before you start looking at houses, so you don’t miss out on the best opportunities. I can help you find a lender for the type of loan that will make it most affordable. I have trusted professionals I can recommend near you.
- Price Range – I’ll help you determine a price range that factors in the critical details most agents neglect to discuss, like the impact of taxes and insurance on your down payment and monthly expense. Once we know your price range and budget, I can help you make the most of your money!
- Research – Finding the right home can be time-consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? How many bedrooms and bathrooms will you need? Do you prefer a newer or older-styled home? All are important factors to take into account during the home finding process. I am dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. Once we find that perfect home, I will prepare a written offer. With my experience in the market, I can help you arrive at an offer that both fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted.
- Negotiate the Terms – I’ll be your tireless advocate working with the seller and their agent and even negotiating with the lender to get you the best terms for your investment. You’ll have my written, enforceable guarantee that I’ll work in your best interest at all times.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is accepted, you’ll have a grace period to have the house professionally inspected and request repairs or counter offer if the situation arises. Once this step is complete, I will verify the terms and conditions of your loan, and assist you in signing your papers. I’m here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process. I’ll coordinate with the title company to verify you’re getting a clear title, accurate survey and schedule the details so all required timelines are met and funds are cleared and ready for your closing. I sweat the details so you don’t have to!
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home, it’s time to make moving arrangements. eXp Realty even has free concierge services that can handle utility hookups, recommend reputable local movers and save you time and effort. I’ll be glad to set up this free service for you. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms on the US Postal Service website!